Sunday, July 05, 2009

From the desk of Anger

And speaking of personal correspondences, I just had to dig out this piece that I bought off ebay back when I was first struck with the deep-fevered virus of the poster collector. I just could not help myself. First, you've got the awesomeness of Kenneth's personalised stationary and, following closely, you've got the fact that it was written to Famous Monsters of Filmland mastermind, Forrest J. Ackerman. So, if two odd and eccentric figures communicating via the mail isn't enough to get you hot, it's all about Anger's anxiety over having left a valuable poster with a restorer to be mounted on linen for preservation. Who can't identify with that awful, sinking feeling?

Anyway, enjoy. And we'll touch on the art (and oftentimes you cannot justify calling it that) of linenbacking in the future. A touchy subject, you can bet.



1 comment:

a.g.lewis said...

you're funny.